We suggest below some routes that you can do in our vicinity, aboard your bicycle, or if you prefer, we make use of an external bicycle rental service, even with electric bikes. A guide is also available on request to show you the most spectacular corners and views of the morainic hills and villages.
– Mincio cycle path Peschiera del Garda – Mantua : The path begins in Peschiera del Garda and reaches Mantua along the Mincio river, the protagonist of this path. It is an easy track, well signposted, suitable for everyone, asphalted, isolated from car traffic and about 45 km long .
In addition to the naturalistic beauties, the route offers the opportunity to visit small villages, among which the medieval village Borghetto sul Mincio stands out, where a stop is recommended to enjoy a good plate of tortellini among the windmills.
Along the Mincio you will arrive at Volta Mantua, which we recommend to visit the summer residence of the Gonzaga family where magnificent frescoes are preserved inside. Continuing along the cycle path, at a certain point the presence of the Mincio river will be less and less, and from here on you will reach the square of Palazzo Ducale.
Here you could see all the cycle paths in Veneto.
– An ancient village in the countryside: This itinerary is also suitable for a walk , some stretches are passable in the woods and among vineyards.
Departure Farm Nuvolino then reach at the top of an M in little woman at an intersection, called by local people “Water Lady”, in memory of the construction of the plants that have brought water for agriculture in this area.
From here you will enjoy a breathtaking view that, on days where there is no mist, you will be able to glimpse Lake Garda. Here is a crusher with sale of oil and, a few meters ro Old Houses where you can buy organic products.
Go down towards Strada Cavallara and from here reach col. Breda for the town of Cavriana.
After a visit to the Archaeological Museum and the Museum of Arts and Crafts, exit to reach the cycle path that runs along the Virgilio canal. From here continue towards Monzambano.
– Between the vineyards and the river: This itinerary brings together lovers of culture and nature in a hilly area covered with vineyards from which fine wines are born.
Departure from Agriturismo Nuvolino for “Forte Ardietti ”, crossing the countryside of Monzambano and Ponti sul Mincio . After the visit, reach the Peschiera del Garda – Mantua cycle path that runs along the Mincio river and go up towards the town of Monzambano towards the sports field. Cross and follow Strada San Pietro and Zerbi. At the end of the path turn left to Castellaro Lagusello (a small climb begins).
At the small church of Castellaro Lagusello we advise you to turn left into Strada Sale and continue to the crossroads, where on the right you will return to Agriturismo Nuvolino .
– Risorgimento tour : The purpose of this itinerary is to visit the main places of the Risorgimento: Solferino and San Martino della Battaglia, enjoying the hilly landscape, and then returning via the Peschiera del Garda – Mantua cycle path.
– Between countryside and cycle path: Starting from Agriturismo Nuvolino to reach Volta Mantua where we recommend visiting the summer residence of the Gonzaga family with the wonderful frescoes and above all to admire the Italian gardens.
From here continue to Chiosco dei Mulini for a short break on the banks of the Mincio, to then reach through the cycle path the fabulous Borghetto sul Mincio, Valeggio sul Mincio land of tortellini and the most beautiful park garden which has a large green area with flower plantations , known as Sigurtà.
Until you reach another land renowned for its Custoza wine and extensive vines and peach fields. The Custoza village was also a protagonist in the Risorgimento era, so much so that the Ossuary of Custoza resides here, but, I have just discovered that there is also the “Path of love” and “Valletta of Eden”, a walking area . From here, head towards Salionze where you will return to the Nuvolino farmhouse through country roads among nature .
– Towards Monte Baldo: Departure from Agriturismo Nuvolino and through the cycle path to reach Peschiera del Garda. Then head towards Pastrengo where the Parco Natura Viva Zoo Safari resides, ideal for a stop in the company of the animal species . Continue until you reach Spiazzi, loc . of Monte Baldo. Location known for the Madonna della Corona Sanctuary which is nestled in the mountain.
– Between water and nature: Departure from Agriturismo Nuvolino for one of the most beautiful villages: Grazie di Curtatone. Here, a boat trip on the Mincio River among the magnificent and large lotus flowers is a must. Furthermore, there is the Sanctuary of Grazie di Curtatone. From here you can reach the Bertone Park (it is not open all year). The route is for the most part surrounded by greenery.